Re: Numeric panel on keyboard is no longer recognized

On Tue, 01 Jun 2010 18:02:33 +0200, Merciadri Luca wrote:

> Camaleón writes:
>
>> Pressing "Shift + Num. Lock" will solve this issue, I just found it :-P

> How did you find it? That solved my problem. I think that the biggest
> problem under GNOME is that there're many built-in shortcuts, just like
> some magic device where there are options everywhere and where you can't
> touch some key without launching something. Why is such a key
> combination there? This is so easy to do. Thanks a lot.

He, he... then you better do not look into KDE with Compiz enabled. It's
all about shortcuts, but true is that KDE has a better management of key
bindings than GNOME.

BTW, I found the num lock toggle on/off "tip" by performing a Google
search, which lead me to this article:

Linux Gnome Numeric Keypad Disabled [ Mouse keys ]
http://www.cyberciti.biz/faq/linux-numeric-keypad-disabled-mouse-keysonly-works/

I tested "et voilà", it worked :-)

Greetings,

--