Re: xorg.conf for nvidia binary drivers interfering with xorg.conf for vnc4server

On Mon, 31 May 2010 22:25:44 -0400, Mitchell Laks wrote:

> I recently set up binary nvidia drivers on my machine and set up the
> Xorg to use the twinhead setup.
>
> Now when I run the vnc4server to set up a vnc instance to log in to my
> machine from another machine, the vnc4server does not start up.

Can you see any output error coming from "vnc4server"? It should log to
somewehere :-?

> If I move the xorg.conf file that is set up for the binary drivers
>(nvidia kernel etc), and replace it with a null file then vnc4server
> starts up fine.

It's weird that "vnc4server" cannot work with nvidia drivers. Maybe just
conflicts with a setting in the "xorg.conf" file and quits when you try
to run it.

> So obviously the vnc4server is looking in the /etc/X11 directory for
> xorg.conf because it is not finding it somewhere else. Where should I
> put a (blank) xorg.conf for the purposes of the vnc4server?

I would look first at the origin of the failure, I mean, why "vnc4server"
cannot run with your current "xorg.conf" file. Logs will tell.

Greetings,

--
Camaleón