Re: Hptalx is buggy once calculator is plugged and linked

On Fri, 07 May 2010 23:29:10 +0200, Merciadri Luca wrote:

> Camaleón writes:
>
>> How about...?
>>
>> 1/ Pressing "O.K", instead "save", it will keep your settings only for
>> the current session but it just to test if it works :-?

> Impossible without modifying .hptalx, as the application directly bugs
> when I type `hptalx'. This is instantaneous.
>
> I just renamed .hptalx in .hptalx2, and the program starts normally,
> without bugging.
>
> Pressing `O.K.' does not make the app bugging, but once I click on
> `Connect', bug buddy directly arises! (And, without the connection
> capability, the program is totally unuseful, as it is its goal.)

Before pressing "Connect" be sure your calculator is setup as described
here:

http://hptalx.sourceforge.net/manual.shtml#AEN171

Can you see the "Awaiting Server Cmd." message in calculator's display?

>> 2/ Look at "~/.hptalx" file and check if the previously saved settings
>> seem right (port connection pointing to /dev/ttyUSB0, and so on...).
> ==
> ~$ cat .hptalx
> <?xml version="1.0"?>
> <hptalx>
>  <port>100</port>
>  <speed>9600</speed>
>  <deleteconfirm>1</deleteconfirm>
>  <startconnected>1</startconnected>
>  <waitconnect>15</waitconnect>
>  <editor>gedit</editor>
> </hptalx>
> ==
>
> Strange, really. I compiled it the other day, and the whole process went
> through without any issue.

Port "100"? What kind of port nomenclature is that? :-?

I would expect "/dev/ttyUSB0" for an USB device or "/dev/ttyS0" for the
first rs-232 port...

I think the application is crashing because cannot establish a connection
with the device.

Greetings,

--
Camaleón