Re: Fwd: Re: Kde 3.5 ...

On Sat May 8 2010 08:25:07 Dotan Cohen wrote:
> So long as you are not loading Qt3 libraries in addition to the Qt4
> libraries, KDE 4 is lighter on RAM than KDE 3. You can really feel it,
> too.

Note that many Debian KDE 3.5 installations include both QT3 and QT4,
e.g. to support kdebluetooth or lsb-desktop.

If you upgrade your RAM from 1GB to 2GB, KDE 4 feels about as fast
as KDE 3.5, except KDE 4 startup and KMail startup are still slower.

One reason for needing additional RAM seems to be memory leaks,
although whether in QT4 or KDE itself I don't know.

--Mike Bird