Re: 64-bit netbooks with Debian linux

On Wed, 05 May 2010 09:42:03 +1000, Alex Samad wrote:

> right tools for the job, I never ever thought about putting 64bit os on
> my netbook - it physically limited to 2G of memory

64-bits kernels are not only intended for systems with tons of ram. Those
kernels usually have enabled the "nx bit" and AFAIK, only 32 bits PAE
kernels enable such feature.

BTW, my Shuttle box has also a ram limitation of 2 GiB (and currently
using only 1 GiB) but has installed "amd64". It runs fine, without
noticeable drawbacks.

Greetings,

--
Camaleón