Re: Making onscreen fonts read-able[was:New monitor, how to change screen resolution?]

On 2010-04-30 10:05:42 +0200, James Stuckey wrote:

>http://www.jhstuckey.com/1080.jpeg
>
>Does that look right to you?

I think the problem you are having is "un-themed GTK". You don't have
a desktop suite, so maybe you're like me and you like to keep your
system lean and mean. If so, it could be that you don't have any GTK
themes installed. A simple, lightweight GTK theme will drastically
improve the appearance of Iceweasel. The default GTK theme is called
Raleigh and it's not very good, the fonts are too big, and so on.

I lived without a theme for a while until I got so sick of how ugly
my GTK apps were. Then I went searching for themes and everything's
better. You can even get themes that are light and have good
performance.

If you are interested in getting some simple GTK themes:

    aptitude install gtk2-engines

Hope this helps,

Phil