RE: Memory footprint of a mail server

> So, is there anyone with an idea on how improve memory efficiency here?

I used to use spamassassin, but now I outsource my spam and virus filtering.
Services like mailfoundry and postini do excellent work, they spend all
their waking hours trying to improve spam filtering accuracy.  I personally
get better results using postini than I did with spamassassin.  At only $1
per month per mailbox, it's quite reasonably priced.  And now I have memory
to spare on my 256MB VPS.