Re: md does a monthly resync?? (was Re: Questions about RAID 6)

Ron Johnson wrote:
On 05/03/2010 03:45 AM, martin f krafft wrote:
also sprach Ron Johnson<ron.l.johnson@cox.net>  [2010.05.03.1039 +0200]:
Is that Q21?

http://git.debian.org/?p=pkg-mdadm/mdadm.git;a=blob_plain;f=debian/FAQ;hb=HEAD

Yes.

2. You were asked upon mdadm installation whether you wanted it, and
    you chose to accept yes. dpkg-reconfigure mdadm if you don't
    believe in this feature.

Well, not me, since I don't have a soft array...

Then you probably have much more annoying problems, or will have. ;)

I regularly backup to an external lvm2 LV.

I forget your specifics, but you do RAID *and* backup regularly to an external lvm2?

Hugo