Re: md does a monthly resync?? (was Re: Questions about RAID 6)

On 05/03/2010 01:21 AM, martin f krafft wrote:
also sprach Ron Johnson<ron.l.johnson@cox.net>  [2010.05.02.2300 +0200]:
My system used to become close to unusable on the 1st sunday of
the month when mdadm did it resync,

That sounds... wrong, on a jillion levels.

It sounds (and is) wrong in exactly two ways:

1. The operation is not a resync, check the FAQ.

Is that Q21?

http://git.debian.org/?p=pkg-mdadm/mdadm.git;a=blob_plain;f=debian/FAQ;hb=HEAD

2. You were asked upon mdadm installation whether you wanted it, and
    you chose to accept yes. dpkg-reconfigure mdadm if you don't
    believe in this feature.

Well, not me, since I don't have a soft array...

--
Dissent is patriotic, remember?