Re: md does a monthly resync?? (was Re: Questions about RAID 6)

also sprach Ron Johnson <ron.l.johnson@cox.net> [2010.05.02.2300 +0200]:
> >My system used to become close to unusable on the 1st sunday of
> >the month when mdadm did it resync,
>
> That sounds... wrong, on a jillion levels.

It sounds (and is) wrong in exactly two ways:

1. The operation is not a resync, check the FAQ.
2. You were asked upon mdadm installation whether you wanted it, and
   you chose to accept yes. dpkg-reconfigure mdadm if you don't
   believe in this feature.

--
 .''`.   martin f. krafft <madduck@d.o>      Related projects:
: :'  :  proud Debian developer               http://debiansystem.info

"it takes more keystrokes to enter a windows license key
 than it takes to do a complete debian desktop install!"
                                                        -- joey hess