Re: 64-bit netbooks with Debian linux

Ron Johnson put forth on 5/3/2010 4:21 PM:
> On 05/03/2010 04:13 PM, Mark Allums wrote:
> [snip]
>>
>> I was listing advantages of netbooks over notebooks and laptops, but
>> size is not one of them, _at_least_for_me_. They are too small. The
>> screens are too small for my eyesight, the keyboards are too small for
>> my hands, and so on.
>>
>> YMMV, I suppose.
>>

> I'm actually waiting for decently-priced dual-core netbooks.

Given the 12" screens and full size laptop keyboards on the current dual
core netbooks I'd hardly call them "netbooks", but rather small laptops, or,
gasp, "sub notebooks".  It wasn't all that long ago that the average laptop
had a 12" screen.  Given the trend of constant growth and bloat of laptops...

Playing prophet, I predict that in the not too distant future the hw makers
will introduce a "new" class of portable computers called "sub netbooks"
which will start out with the 7" screen that the first "netbooks" were
introduced with, because all the netbooks will have crept up to 10" or 12"
screens.

This industry is famous for taking the old and relabeling it as new in an
attempt to drive revenue, but with almost zero innovation in the "new".

--
Stan