Re: 64-bit netbooks with Debian linux

On 5/2/2010 6:47 PM, Celejar wrote:
On Sun, 02 May 2010 18:36:57 -0500
Mark Allums<mark@allums.com>  wrote:

Netbooks are underpowered.  Get a *real* notebook/laptop.  You can get a
much better computer for about the same money.  The only advantage I can
see in a netbook is battery life.  I speak from experience.

Weight?  I haven't done extensive research, but can you get an
equivalent laptop at the same weight for the same price?  My
understanding is that one pays a premium for the ultra-light category.

Celejar

I confess, I forgot weight.

On the other hand, I think that for me, weight doesn't factor in much.

YMMV.

MAA