Re: 64-bit netbooks with Debian linux

On Monday 03 May 2010 22:13:05 Mark Allums wrote:
> Most netbooks (at least the ones I have seen) are relatively flimsy.
>
> They are not "almost-handheld".  They are much larger than that.
>
> I was listing advantages of netbooks over notebooks and laptops, but
> size is not one of them, _at_least_for_me_.  They are too small.  The
> screens are too small for my eyesight, the keyboards are too small for
> my hands, and so on.
>
> YMMV, I suppose.

The size and weight are extremely important for some of us.  I actually have
physical difficulty carrying a laptop + charger etc. for any length of time.
A netbook I can manage.

"YMMV" would be fair enough, but I found that "I suppose" patronising.  Not
everyone in the world is male, fully fit and young.  Some of us are none of
those.

Lisi