Re: exim listen on one ip to two ports?

On Mon, 03 May 2010 10:41:51 -0400, Eric d'Alibut wrote:

> Can exim be made to listen to two ports (587 and 25) on one ip?
>
> I put this in /etc/default/exim4:
>
> SMTPLISTENEROPTIONS='-oX 587:25'
>
> Exim responded by generating a /var/log/exim4/paniclog file containing:
>
> "socket bind() to port 25 for address [my local ip] failed: Address
> already in use: daemon abandoned"

As per "/usr/share/doc/exim4-base/README.Debian.gz" (lenny):

***
2.2.2. Enabling TLS support for Exim as server

"After this configuration, Exim will advertise STARTTLS when connected
to on the normal SMTP ports. Some broken clients (most prominent
example being nearly all versions of Microsoft Outlook and Outlook
Express, and Incredimail) insist on doing TLS on connect on Port 465.
If you need to support these, set SMTPLISTENEROPTIONS='-oX 465:25 -oP
var/run/exim4/exim.pid' in /etc/default/exim4 and
tls_on_connect_ports=465" in the main configuration section.

The -oP is needed because Exim does not write an implicit pid file if
-oX is given. Without pid file, init script and cron job will
malfunction."
***

It seems you are missing the "-oP var/run/exim4/exim.pid" part.

Greetings,

--
Camaleón