Re: apt-get dist-update failure - can't boot

On Monday 03 May 2010 12:34:13 Fernando B. Scussel wrote:
> After doing a apt-get dist-update and restarting the pc because of some
> errors

If a full-upgrade (previously known as dist-upgrade) throws errors, the last
thing you should do is reboot.  You should *fix the errors*; your system may
not reboot cleanly until they are resolved.

> I'm getting the problem as show in the image.
>
> http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y116/fscussel/Untitled.jpg

Ugh.  Does copy and paste not work for you?  It would be much nicer if that
text was in the email you sent.  Install gpm if you need mouse support at the
console.

It looks like your perl is broken.  What where you dist-upgrading to/from?
Did you follow the release notes for what you are upgrading to?  A broken perl
is usually a very bad thing.

From you output it looks like your 'perl-base' is scheduled to be upgraded.
You should try installing the new version of that package with dpkg and then
retrying your apt-get/aptitude run.

(Honoring "Reply-To" header via CC.)