Re: lots of unneeded filesystem modules?

Eric Cooper wrote:
I've noticed that after booting, my kernel has loaded almost every
possible filesystem module (minix, qnx4, hfsplus, ...), even though I
don't need anything but ext3 to boot.  Right now I'm going to
blacklist all the others, but it would be nice to know why it's
happening.

I do have a USB-attached printer with an empty card reader that shows
up as a non-existent SCSI disk -- perhaps something is attempting to
auto mount that?  If so, any suggestions on how to disable that
behavior?

Please CC me on any responses since I'm not subscribed. Thanks.

Maybe because the you compiled them in into the kernel?

ie: in the config you put 'y' instead of 'm'.

Wayne