Re: CUPS broadcasting print queue availability

On 2010-04-03 18:39, Andrei Popescu wrote:
On Fri,02.Apr.10, 21:10:27, Ron Johnson wrote:
Hi,

I did this once a *long* time ago, but don't remember how.  Also,
I've read the (seemingly relevant sections of the sorely lacking)
CUPS SAM, and Googled around to no avail.
Yeah, same here a month or so ago...

My server has a print queue that looks like this:
$ lpstat -v
device for Dell_3100cn: socket://192.168.1.11
device for Dell_3100cn@haggis: socket://192.168.1.11
device for PDF: cups-pdf:/

The server's /etc/cups/cupsd.conf looks like:
Browsing On
BrowseOrder allow,deny
BrowseAllow 192.168.1.0/24
BrowseAddress 192.168.1.255
BrowseLocalProtocols CUPS dnssd
DefaultAuthType Basic

If I recall correctly the final "touch" to get it working was to add:

Port 631

That got me an "Address already in use" error.

(unfortunately the only machine where I could check this is shut down for the easter and I didn't make any notes, *again*)

<Location />
  Allow from 192.168.1.*
  Order allow,deny
</Location>

Shouldn't those two be in reverse order?

Possibly, but there seems to be some other error.

--
"History does not long entrust the care of freedom to the weak
or the timid."  Dwight Eisenhower