Re: 1 last line from upgrade to squeeze

Tyler MacDonald <tyler@macdonald.name> writes:

> I went through this exact same process awhile ago when I went from squeeze
> to etch...

Thanks for nice help... very usefull.

Before getting into whats happening.. I'm currently and have been a
bit confused about debian naming/versioning setup.

I thought etch was quite a bit older than squeeze.  I thought squeeze
was newer than `lenny'.. have I gotten all backwards?

Getting into the frey with the broken pkgs.. I see apt wanting to
install a whole herd of video drivers.

The following partially installed packages will be configured:
  libcompress-zlib-perl libice-dev libsm-dev libxaw7-dev libxmu-dev
  libxt-dev perl-doc perl-modules xserver-xorg xserver-xorg-core
  xserver-xorg-input-evdev xserver-xorg-input-kbd xserver-xorg-input-mouse
  xserver-xorg-input-synaptics xserver-xorg-input-wacom
  xserver-xorg-video-chips xserver-xorg-video-cirrus
  xserver-xorg-video-dummy xserver-xorg-video-i128 xserver-xorg-video-i740
  xserver-xorg-video-mach64 xserver-xorg-video-neomagic
  xserver-xorg-video-r128 xserver-xorg-video-savage
  xserver-xorg-video-sisusb xserver-xorg-video-tseng
  xserver-xorg-video-vmware xserver-xorg-video-voodoo
7 packages upgraded, 1 newly installed, 3 to remove and 705 not upgraded.
Need to get 0B/6397kB of archives. After unpacking 1487kB will be freed.
Do you want to continue? [Y/n/?]

Is there someway to tell the OS what card is installed?  Its vmware so
its a svga card.  Would I even need all that guff?