Re: 1 last line from upgrade to squeeze

I went through this exact same process awhile ago when I went from squeeze
to etch...

Harry Putnam <reader@newsguy.com> wrote:
>  B A libcompress-zlib-perl     - Transitional dummy package for Compress::Z
>  B A libice-dev                - X11 Inter-Client Exchange library (develop
>  B   perl-doc                  - Perl documentation
>  B   perl-modules              - Core Perl modules

  Not sure about these, I'd suggest "aptitude install"ing them one by one
and watching the output carefully.

>  B A xserver-xorg-core         - Xorg X server - core server
>  B A xsrvr-xorg-input-synaptics- Synaptics TouchPad driver for X.Org server
>  B A xserver-xorg-video-intel  - X.Org X server -- Intel i8xx, i9xx display
>  B A xserver-xorg-video-radeon - X.Org X server -- ATI Radeon display drive

  I would suggest removing these packages -- which will cause other packages
to want to go away as well, make note of any that are really important too
you, the others ignore, if you need them they should be brought back in as
dependancies when you do:

  aptitude install xorg

  Yours went a lot smoother than mine, I had to fight with gnome etc for
awhile too in order to get everything back into place.

  A "broken" package may be due to failed dependancies, but what "broken"
really means is the package was unpacked into the filesystem, but
postinst/preinst hooks may have failed to complete successfully.

  Cheers,
    Tyler