Re: one website gives "address not found" from LAN

On Sat, 06 Feb 2010 12:12:50 +1300, Richard Hector wrote:

> On Fri, 2010-02-05 at 18:56 +0000, Camaleón wrote:
>
>> It looks crystal clear to me: blame your ISP routing tables, any proxy
>> or service that it can be being used by them to filter Internet traffic
>> or just its DNS servers :-)
>
> I'm just an observer of this conversation, but can you clarify your
> reasoning?

Sure :-)

> I'm curious as to the reason the name can be both resolved and not
> found, but I get the same result here, from two machines with completely
> different routing and dns (I think).

You maybe experiencing another issue, different than the OP's.

The OP was available to:

- Browse the site via proxy.
- Perform a dns lookup and getting a success response using another dns
server.
- OTOH, was having no problem while connecting the site with his mobile
phone.

So, that tells me the website is up and running and can be reached by
normal browsing. The problem lays in the OP ISP.

Greetings,

--
Camaleón