Re: auto-mounting disks that might not be present (e.g. usb drives)

On Tue, 02 Feb 2010 14:46:09 -0500, Frank McCormick wrote:

> To the OP:
>
> The bottom line: There is no problem even if flashdrives/cameras etc are
> in fstab but not present- you simply get the error logged

Question is, do you really need "those" devices (flash drives and MC/SD
memory cards) to be present in "fstab"? That is, do you need static mount
points for that kind of devices?

USB hard drives make sense, but for media cards I'd better let hotplug
subsystem auto-manages them.

Greetings,

--
Camaleón