Re: Virtualization - what do You recommend?

Michal wrote:
On 02/02/2010 14:07, Celejar wrote:
On Tue, 2 Feb 2010 16:28:28 +0300 Mihamina Rakotomandimby
<mihamina@gulfsat.mg> wrote:

But who would virtualize on a netbook?
I haven't actually done this, but I can think of an obvious use
case where I'd like to: running Windows software on a Linux
netbook.  I understand that I won't enjoy running the latest
Windows with all its bells and whistles and the latest 3d game on
top of that, but surely it ought to be feasible to run an older
Windows and some not very demanding application on top of it?

Celejar

Some notebooks have trouble running flash websites, or streaming
sites like 4OD and iplayer, let alone another OS

Yeah, the Atom processor is very underpowered for such tasks.
Another thing is the screen estate. 9-10" is just too small to do
any serious virtualization, at least with desktop OSes. Running
Debian as a guest, without X otoh..

--
Odd