Re: Debian on EEE -- really nice, but how can I resize windows which already seem to be at their minimal size?

On Mon, 2010-02-01 at 15:55 +0100, Merciadri Luca wrote:
> Tixy <debianuser@tixy.myzen.co.uk> writes:
> > I can move windows vertically too - that's what I do to get to menu
> > buttons on my EEEPC 1000HE running Debian Squeeze with the Gnome
> > Desktop. (I'm sure it was the same when I ran Lenny.)
> For sure, me too, but only when they have already been resized, at
> least to some extent so that their overall size is alpha * beta, where
> alpha > 1, and beta is their original size, i.e. iff they have been
> resized positively (i.e. augmented). But if they are already
> minimized, it appears to me to be impossible to reduce them further.

I think we may be talking about different things, and misunderstanding
each other. I was meaning to talk about moving the position of a window
on the screen, not changing it's size.

If the buttons in a window are below  the bottom of the screen, I move
the whole window up so the buttons are visible. This will cause the top
part of a window to no longer be visible, as it is now off the top of
the screen, but I can click on buttons I need to.

--
Tixy