Re: setting sensor limits fails

Dne, 01. 02. 2010 18:56:03 je António PT napisal(a):

I don't think this should be a threat to your laptop, the sensors only read temperature (and other data) they don't interfere with the working of the CPU, hard drive or other components. I think you have no reasons to worry.

Well, IIUC, the sensors also trigger the overheating circuits in your laptop, so there is more than just a theoretical possibility to fry your laptop if your sensors are disabled. Just try leaving your laptop running on a thick carpet, and accidentally throw a warm jacket/coat over it ...

--
Regards,

Klistvud
Certifiable Loonix User #481801