Re: Debian on EEE -- really nice, but how can I resize windows which already seem to be at their minimal size?

Dne, 01. 02. 2010 15:38:26 je Merciadri Luca napisal(a):
Here is a new
screenshot of it:
http://www.student.montefiore.ulg.ac.be/~merciadri/FPM2.png.

Unfortunately, your link gives me a PAGE NOT FOUND error ...

You may
notice that the button now appears correctly. However, I think that it
is not possible to configure devilpsie so that every window which has
an overall height bigger than a given threshold (i.e. height >
threshold) looses its decorations (i.e. (undecorate) is applied to
it).
Is it possible?

I doubt it. In Devilspie, you may reference windows by their name, program name, PID and so on, but I don't think you can reference them by window size.

And if the window is too big, even devilspie's trick will not be
useful anymore. It is likely to be the case in some windows. In these
cases, what should I do?

Perhaps the "wintype" argument might help you. The only way to know that, however, would be by experimenting. Maybe there are some window types that can override "fixed-size" windows?

Thanks.

You're welcome. I wish I could be of more help, but I am just an ordinary user of Devilspie (not even what you could call a "power" user ;)

--
Regards,

Klistvud
Certifiable Loonix User #481801