Re: Getting Google Sketchup to work under Wine?

On Sun, 31 Jan 2010 16:24:30 -0800, Marc Shapiro wrote:

> Sketchup is supposed to run under wine, but I'm not having any luck.  I
> downloaded the file (GoogleSketchUpWEN.exe) and ran:
>
> 	wine GoogleSketchUpWEN.exe
>
> I also tried copying the file to wine's drive_c and running it from
> there, but the results are the same.
>
> The installer starts up and gets through extracting the files.  Then it
> tries to 'Evaluate Launch Conditions' at which point it says the my OS
> is not supported and terminates unsuccessfully.

There are some reports about different versions of Google SketchUp at
Wine AppDB:

Category: Main > Multimedia > Graphics > Animation/Rendering/3D > Google
SketchUp
http://appdb.winehq.org/objectManager.php?sClass=application&iId=1815

> I am running Lenny, BTW.  Has anyone gotten Sketchup to work under Wine
> on Lenny?  Alternatively, is there any other 3d drawing utility that
> runs under Linux that I could use?  I don't need anything real fancy,
> just enough to design a simple woodworking project.  My daughter wants
> to design a loft bed, so we are just talking straight lines here.
> Wire-frame, or solid is OK.

Some time ago, a chap recommended this program:

Sweet Home 3D
http://www.sweethome3d.eu/index.jsp

It seems an easy "drag-and-drop" application, but I cannot tell you more,
I have not tested :-)

Greetings,

--
Camaleón