Re: Getting Google Sketchup to work under Wine?

Camaleón wrote:
On Sun, 31 Jan 2010 16:24:30 -0800, Marc Shapiro wrote:

Sketchup is supposed to run under wine, but I'm not having any luck.  I
downloaded the file (GoogleSketchUpWEN.exe) and ran:

	wine GoogleSketchUpWEN.exe

I also tried copying the file to wine's drive_c and running it from
there, but the results are the same.

The installer starts up and gets through extracting the files.  Then it
tries to 'Evaluate Launch Conditions' at which point it says the my OS
is not supported and terminates unsuccessfully.

There are some reports about different versions of Google SketchUp at Wine AppDB:

Category: Main > Multimedia > Graphics > Animation/Rendering/3D > Google SketchUp
http://appdb.winehq.org/objectManager.php?sClass=application&iId=1815

I have the latest version (7.1) of sketchup. I may have to install wine from winehq to get the most recent version of wine and try again.

Some time ago, a chap recommended this program:

Sweet Home 3D http://www.sweethome3d.eu/index.jsp

It seems an easy "drag-and-drop" application, but I cannot tell you more, I have not tested :-)
As far as I can tell, it allows you to place furniture and stuff in a room for figuring placement and space, but does not actually allow you to design specific items.

--
Marc Shapiro
mshapiro_42@yahoo.com