Re: insserv + apache2 + bind9 = pain

On Fri December 31 2010 10:51:18 Arthur Machlas wrote:
> As for all the talk of losing years of wisdom and bug squashing and
> what-not, I'm not really sure that's the case, but a debate about the
> worthiness of insserv as a successor to all the Snn Knn links is
> probably better suited to another thread, perhaps one where more dev's
> hang out than here on user. In any event, if you hope to convince
> people of that, I think calling DD's "Script kiddies", especially one
> who just resolved the bug you noted and I reported within about 12
> hrs, probably won't leave them too open to taking your position
> seriously.

Nobody has called the Apache2 maintainers "script kiddies".
Most Debian Developers are excellent and dedicated to Debian
rather than their own egos.  It is the DD's work in developing
the Snn/Knn values over many years that needs to be protected
from randomization by the script kiddies.

The script kiddies are those who abused the Debian packaging
system to make sysv-rc REQUIRE the harmful and unnecessary
insserv.

--Mike Bird