Re: Recommendations for massive dhcp settings

On Thursday, 30 December 2010 17:42:31 +0300,
Eero Volotinen wrote:

> > A flat file for 16 million users would be a little unwieldy whereas
> > an RDBMS wouldn't have a problem.

> Do you really want to use only one dhcpd for 16 millions users ? You
> might run into big big problems, when it crashes :)

Their telephone and pager will set fire of the amount of calls that he
will receive if it gets to fail X-D

While my case is not as extreme as this, the amount of workstation is
interesting. So I was wondering if there any better way to manage this
situation with the ISC DHCPd; Maybe simplifying the configuration work
in the dhcpd.conf and concentrating on other tools to keep track of
any specific IP address.

Regards,
Daniel
--
Fingerprint: BFB3 08D6 B4D1 31B2 72B9  29CE 6696 BF1B 14E6 1D37