Re: Broadband Configuration

On Thu, 30 Dec 2010 18:33:32 +0530, Kousik Maiti wrote:

> Hi list,
> I try to configure USB broadband on Debian Lenny.
>
> I have installed ppp,setserial,wvdial for that.dmesg message after
> inserting  USB modem is

(...)

> [ 9435.494246] scsi 3:0:0:1: Direct-Access     ZTE      USB Storage FFF1
> 2.31 PQ: 0 ANSI: 2

(...)

As Daniel alredy pointed out, you need "usb_modeswitch" to get your stick
detected as an USB modem (/dev/ttyUSB0) and wvdial can manage it.

The package was proposed to be added in backports but still not there,
only at the maintainer's repo, not sure if these are working fine/at all
(not tested) :-?

http://alioth.debian.org/~odyx-guest/debian/lenny-backports/

Greetings,

--