Re: need motherboard recommendation

Russell L. Harris put forth on 12/26/2010 5:12 AM:
> I am tossing into the dumpster the last two motherboards which I
> purchased -- Asus M3A78-T (AMD64) and Asus P5Q-EM (i386) -- because of
> video problems.

Two?

> With the M3A78-T, the POST screen displayed a cross-hatch pattern of
> horizontal and vertical red and green lines with a variety of
> monitors, both CRT and LCD.  The pattern also is visible in terminal
> mode outside of X.  Three trips back to Asus did not cure the problem.

Sounds more like a DDC problem with your monitor, which you didn't
bother to mention.  Now would be a good time to provide us with the make
and model# of your CRT/LCD monitor, what refresh setting you were using,
color depth, etc.  It sounds like it may be a sync issue.

This, assuming neither of these boards every worked with said monitor.
You didn't state a sequence of events, i.e. what failed when.  We need
that information to help you.

--
Stan