Re: o/t ipod

On Dec 26, 2010 7:57 AM, "Ted Wager" <ted@trufflesdad.plus.com> wrote:

> My son has bought me an ipodtouch for Xmas..Anyone tell me how I can
> transfer the music files on his ipod to mine ?..I only have Linux on my
> machines but can get access to a Winbox at a neighbours...

IIRC, there is no real good answer for linux. I think rythmbox has some capabilities (that can be enabled or configured). You could also jailbreak it and just scp stuff over (though you might need to hack around with plist xml files). Itunes on windows is an option (though I'm not sure how to handle account security or drm issues here). Also, if you go that route, you're not really going to be able to keep your music synced up. If your computer can handle it, you might research into running itunes inside of a windows virtual box session.