[solved] Re: Strange error message when compiling svn package

Chris Bannister <mockingbird@earthlight.co.nz> writes:

> If you want help on the mplayer-user list, they expect you to have tried
> the latest version from svn to see if that fixes it.

Yes, it recommended to use the svn version.

> If you must compile from scratch for whatever reason you can still
> make use of the Debian package system.  Have it install the build
> dependencies for you.
>
>   $ sudo apt-get build-dep mplayer
>
> That will pull in quite a few dependencies and should get you going
> further than you are now.

`apt-get build-dep' did not help: the error was still there.  The solution was
suggested by Juan Jose Padilla: after the `./configure' step, in the file
mplayer/config.h, at line 483, after the line `#define HAVE_VIRTUALALLOC 0' , I
added the line `#define HAVE_MMAP 1', then ran `make' and `make install'.  It
must be a bug.  I suppose it would be all right to add that line anywhere else
in the file.

Thanks to all who replied
Rodolfo