Re: External hdd changing device node mid-use

Thanks all. I tried toying with udev to create a persistent node name, but to no avail. The problem seem to be that the hdd is periodically disconnecting. By the time it has disconnected, it is too late. Md has already faulted the device. If anyone has any ideas about preventing the drive from disconnecting... I tried running sdparm in a cron job, as I read somewhere, but it didn't work. I suspect it is disconnecting by design, as this as an external usb-powered disk. It's model is LG HXD5 320GB if it helps.