Re: "No devices found" in X

On Mon, 20 Dec 2010 23:11:59 +0100
Sven Joachim <svenjoac@gmx.de> wrote:

> On 2010-12-20 22:52 +0100, Celejar wrote:
>
> > On Mon, 20 Dec 2010 22:35:55 +0100
> > Sven Joachim <svenjoac@gmx.de> wrote:
> >> Is CONFIG_FRAMEBUFFER_CONSOLE_DETECT_PRIMARY set?
> >
> > No - should it be?  The help says 'if unsure, select n', so I figured
> > it was best left off, since I'm certainly not sure ;)
>
> Yes, it should actually not be set.  Could you please try with
> CONFIG_FRAMEBUFFER_CONSOLE=y now?

Okay, I built such a kernel earlier - I'll reboot soon with it.  [In
order to switch from 'm' to 'y', I had to rejigger a bunch of AGP /
DRM / Intel stuff from 'm' to 'y', but I eventually got it, by
following the dependency chain.]

> Also, you could test a Debian kernel (2.6.32 from squeeze/sid or
> 2.6.37-rc5 from experimental) to rule out problems specific to your
> kernel configuration.

As I mentioned in my original post, 2.6.32 from Sid works fine.  I
haven't yet tried the one from experimental.  If the above doesn't
work, I guess that can be next.

Thanks much,
Celejar