Re: Can not set execute permission to file in usb storage media with fat32 format

On Thu, 16 Dec 2010 09:16:11 +0800, gulfstream wrote:

> I want to execute some script file in usb storage media with fat32
> format, but I can not set execute permission to them with "chown +x".
> What shall I do?

You can try to set the default mount options for vfat storage media
by using GNOME config editor under this key:

/system/storage/default_options/vfat/mount_options

But in my system (lenny), the execute permission is automatically set:

sm01@stt008:~$ ls -l /media | grep disk
drwxr-xr-x 3 sm01 root 1024 ene  1  1970 disk

sm01@stt008:~$ mount | grep media
/dev/sdc1 on /media/disk type vfat (rw,nosuid,nodev,uhelper=hal,shortname=lower,uid=1000)

Greetings,

--
Camaleón