Re: RAID1 with multiple partitions

On 10-12-16 3:13 AM, Tom H wrote:
On Wed, Dec 15, 2010 at 11:59 AM, David Gaudine
<davidg@alcor.concordia.ca>  wrote:
The temporary hostname is in each ARRAY line in mdadm.conf.
I've never seen a hostname value on the ARRAY line in mdadm.conf. Are
you confusing hostname and array name?
The array name is based on the hostname.

ARRAY /dev/md/0 metadata=1.2 UUID=ca74958e:22f7fbfc:05211e6a:b4750387 name=gradstudies2:0

I later went ahead and changed the hostname and the corresponding part of the array name and it booted. Then I changed them back. But wait... I forgot to change the array name back! The above line is from a host that was initially called gradstudies4, then gradstudies2, now back to gradstudies4, and it works. So apparently it doesn't matter.

I guess it's the name on the HOMEHOST line that has to match what's in the superblock, and since the default is <system>... well, <system> means the local system, and I don't know if that's taken from the superblock or /etc/hostname. But it works.

David