Re: weired issues of debian squeeze (base system)

Hello,

shawn wilson wrote:
> Gero wrote:
> > What I need most, is conversion between dec/hex/oct/binary - and that
> > conversion is very handy with KCalc.
>
> ... you mean like bc's hex(), oct(), dec(), bin() functions?

I'm sorry.

As I'm used to use vim and terminals - I have to confess, that I don't know
bc. KCalc is foolproof - I don't need to read a manual to use it ;)

> yeah, a gui is just for keeping multiple consoles in one screen

Agree :)

But I have to confess, I'm quite lazy - so if I have the choice between a gui-
app, that I can use without reading a single manual line and a cmdline-app,
that does not show the basics I need at --help option ... guess what.

kind regards

Gero