Re: rsync; Shouldn't Deleted Files be Deleted on the Backup?

On 2010-12-13 13:22:17 -0600, Martin McCormick wrote:
> Joao Ferreira gmail writes:
> > that is exactly what --delete does. I've been using it for some time and
> > it works just fine for me.
>
> Problem is solved. If you have the b flag as one of your flags
> as in "backup," it apparently insures that once a file is there,
> it does not go away. This could be very useful in some
> situations, but this is not what I wanted right now so I took
> out the b flag and it now deletes any files in the copy that are
> no longer in the master.

If you just quit the -b flag team, then you might want to come over to
the -a flag team. "-b" is for backup and "-a" is for archive. What's
the difference between a backup and an archive?, you might ask. Well,
the archive team has better jerseys.

For keeping a one to one copy of a file system, this rsync shortcut is
commonly thrown around:

    rsync -av --del /source/path /destination/path

Just an idea,

Phil