Re: weired issues of debian squeeze (base system)

On Monday, 13. Dec 2010, 16:00:20 Andrei Popescu wrote:
> On Lu, 13 dec 10, 15:00:16, Geronimo wrote:
> > The key is /etc/default/rcS - where after a gnome installation utc is set
> > to true and after a kde installation utc is set to false.
> >
> > May be this is an issue for the installer-crew.
>
> AFAIK this is only done when Windows is detected on that machine.

Ok, that sounds reasonable.

But then I miss an option, where I can overwrite that.

I always install my machines using UTC - and I was quite off socks recognizing
this time issue. I don't mind that windows is not able to show the right time
- but I do mind this default on debian installation.

This behaviour might be ok on suse or ubuntu - but not on debian.

At least I consider debian the most professional linux - so it should not care
about windows kiddies ;)

kind regards

Gero