weired issues of debian squeeze (base system)

Hello,

I have two separate installations of debian squeeze, each on a different
harddisk. More by accident, than by intention it happens, that each
installation has its own grub entry in the mbr of its harddisk.
Both systems use ext3 and grub2 and hwclock runs at UTC.

1. On both installtions it is impossible to boot the other squeeze
installation. First I have to enter BIOS and reorder the boot sequence of the
harddisks to enable the start of the other grub - so each grub can boot
systems on the same harddisk only!
I'm sure, that was not the case with grub1 and hints on how to get a system
from a different harddrive booted are very appreciated!

2. One squeeze installation is a gnome system (with some kde apps added) and
the other system is a kde (with some gnome apps added). As mentioned, time is
UTC based on both installations.
When I reboot the gnome system and change BIOS to use kde system the initial
filesystem check claims, that the last mount time from superblock is in future.
When the kde is up and running - its time is wrong by one hour - and I could
not achieve to set the time, that it is right after next reboot.
So I had to install ntp to get right times on kde

3. gnome apps work better in kde-environment as kde-apps do in gnome
environment. So using KMail it is not possible to add events or tasks and the
overview will not show birthdays from addressbook.
In gnome I miss the posibility to maximize windows in 1 direction only -
depending on the mouse button used. So I currently try to checkout both worlds
to find out, wich is best for me.

kind regards

Gero