Re: weired issues of debian squeeze (base system)

Hi,

On Monday, 13. Dec 2010, 09:26:50 shawn wilson wrote:
> ... easiest thing (since it's 03:23 here and i know off hand where to look)
> is to 'cat /etc/timezone'

that file isn't the key and was the same on both systems.
Then I looked at /etc/adjtime and that told me the difference.
The key is /etc/default/rcS - where after a gnome installation utc is set to
true and after a kde installation utc is set to false.

May be this is an issue for the installer-crew.

I also found out, why I can't boot the other system.
Looking at /boot/grub/grub.cfg the entry for the other squeeze looks like:

menuentry "Debian GNU/Linux, with Linux 2.6.32-5-amd64 (on /dev/sde1)" {
        insmod part_msdos
        insmod ext2
        set root='(hd2,msdos1)'

but if you count the letters, sde is not hd2 but hd4 - so I patched that entry
and I successfully booted into that linux.

Now my question:
grub.cfg is generated by update-grub and that entry comes from os-prober.
The drive numbering is probabely a bug.
Is there a workaround that would work after the next update-grub too.

kind regards

Gero