Is squeeze compatible woth WD20EARS and other 2TB drives?

Howdie, fellow Debianites!

I'm planning to surprise my unsuspecting self with the above hard drive for Christmas, but have read some alarming reports about incompatibilities with GNU/Linux partitioning. Apparently, there are no less than two distinct problems with these drivers:

1) an alignment problem due to the passage from 512-byte to 4096-byte sector sizes, which seems to heavily affect transfer rates, and 2) a possibly related, but separate nonetheless, problem of wrong drive sizes being recognized (either by the BIOS and/or by the kernel); such as, 1TB being recognized instead of 2TB.

http://www.osnews.com/story/22872/Linux_Not_Fully_Prepared_for_4096-Byte_Sector_Hard_Drives
http://www.linuxquestions.org/questions/debian-26/unable-to-boot-fresh-install-on-2tb-harddrive-debian-ubuntu-838681
http://forums.storagereview.com/index.php/topic/28850-2tb-wd20ears-showing-up-as-1tb/

Would very much like to hear about any first-hand experiences you may have in making these drives work with Debian -- squeeze specifically. Will be very grateful for any feedback.

--
Be happy and have fun,

Klistvud http://bufferoverflow.tiddlyspot.com Certifiable Loonix User #481801 Please reply to the list, not to me.