Re: xserver-testing issues.

Thank You for Your time and answer, Camaleón:

> If you are using "squeeze", "/etc/default/keyboard.conf" should
> contain the same settings you had specified in your
> "/etc/X11/xorg.conf" for the keyboard:
>
> #xorg.conf
> Option  "XkbModel"      "pc105"
> Option  "XkbLayout"     "us,de"
> Option  "XkbVariant"    "winkeys"
> Option  "XkbOptions"    "grp:ctrl_shift_toggle,grp_led:scroll"
>
> Now in the form:
>
> #keyboard.conf
> XKBMODEL="pc105"
> XKBLAYOUT="us,de"
> XKBVARIANT="winkeys"
> XKBOPTIONS="grp:ctrl_shift_toggle,grp_led:scroll"
>
> Don't forget to remove (or comment #) the old settings from your
> "xorg.conf" so they don't collide.

I use only several packages from testing - some of: xserver, alsa,
kernel - all in attempt to solve my sound/keyboard/3D -problems.

Still keyboard does not work correctly - mainly,
delete/control/alt/cursor - keys.

Having removed the doubled strings in both files - keyboard stopped
switching layouts - only the led turning on/off remained.

> You have to run "aplay -l", it should display the all your outputs,
> for example:

After I have install the very same kernel (version) from testing
(before was from backports) - I have seen the card devices again and
made them working w/ the following:

$ cat .asoundrc
# ALSA library configuration file

# Include settings that are under the control of asoundconf(1).
# (To disable these settings, comment out this line.)

pcm.!default {
type hw
card 1
}

ctl.!default {
type hw
card 1
}

Now, it seems that the card is not fully represented in alsamixer -
very few controls are there. Also, PCM control does not work - though
is present there.

$ aplay -L
null
/    Discard all samples (playback) or generate zero samples (capture)
front:CARD=pcsp,DEV=0
    pcsp, pcsp
    Front speakers
front:CARD=SB,DEV=0
    HDA ATI SB, STAC92xx Analog
    Front speakers
surround40:CARD=SB,DEV=0
    HDA ATI SB, STAC92xx Analog
surround41:CARD=SB,DEV=0
    HDA ATI SB, STAC92xx Analog
surround50:CARD=SB,DEV=0
    HDA ATI SB, STAC92xx Analog
surround51:CARD=SB,DEV=0
    HDA ATI SB, STAC92xx Analog
surround71:CARD=SB,DEV=0
    HDA ATI SB, STAC92xx Analog

Changing to

pcm.!default:SB

or

pcm.!default:Intel

gave me:
/
ALSA lib conf.c:1661:(snd_config_load1) _toplevel_:12:14:Unexpected char
ALSA lib conf.c:3441:(snd_config_hook_load) /home/rock/.asoundrc may
be old or corrupted: consider to remove or fix it ALSA lib
conf.c:3302:(snd_config_hooks_call) function snd_config_hook_load
returned error: Invalid argument ALSA lib
conf.c:3687:(snd_config_update_r) hooks failed, removing configuration
cannot open mixer: Invalid argument

> > Farther, I do not know what to do. - May I have to file up a bug
> > report against it? - But against what? - I know that testing is not
> > the same as stable, but may others can meet the same problem
> > upgrading froim lenny to squeeze.
>
> Try fisrt by following the alsasound tip and check the output of the
> aplay -L command.

Seems does not work correctly... still.

> This was the errors you were getting:
>
> ***
> (EE) AIGLX error: r300 exports no extensions
> (/usr/lib/dri/r300_dri.so: undefined symbol: __driDriverExtensions)
> (EE) AIGLX: reverting to software rendering
> (II) AIGLX: Screen 0 is not DRI capable
> (EE) AIGLX error: dlopen of /usr/lib/dri/swrast_dri.so failed
> (/usr/lib/dri/swrast_dri.so: cannot open shared object file: No such
> file or directory)
> (EE) GLX: could not load software renderer
> (II) GLX: no usable GL providers found for screen 0
> ***
>
> Sounds like Xorg cannot load some files for enabling 3D
> acceleration... let's see, "swrast_dri.so" is included in package
> "libgl1-mesa-dri", do you have it installed? Can you locate that
> library installed in the mentioned path? :-?

Yes, I do, but now have upgraded up to testing version:

libgl1-mesa-dri [7.0.3-7 -> 7.7.1-4]  libgl1-mesa-glx [7.0.3-7 ->
7.7.1-4]

and it started working.