Re: xserver-testing issues.

On Sat, 11 Dec 2010 14:24:18 +0700, Sthu Deus wrote:

(...)

> 1. How I can configure my keyboard now?

(...)

Keyboard in testing is now configured in "/etc/default/keyboard" file.

> 2. My PC has stopped using on-board sound card and now prefers to use
> PC-speaker.

(...)

You can use the tweak of "~/.asoundrc" to select the preferred sound card:

http://alsa.opensrc.org/.asoundrc#Default_PCM_device

> 3. I had distorted in most 3D-games, but working in few of them and
> anther 3d-apps - 3D support, now it is gone. Relevent string in Xorg log
> I see is this:

(...)

First, I would try with no "/etc/X11/xorg.conf" file and let xorg to set
the card automatically.

Do ATI cards need a firmaware to load 3D extensions? Are you using a
stock kernel or a custom or backports one?

Greetings,

--
Camaleón