Re: RAID1 with multiple partitions

>> 3) The first guide doesn't use a separate boot partion, the second does.
>>  Comments?  I've never used a separate boot partition.  I think it used to
>> be important on large disks, to keep the kernel in the first 1024 cylinders,
>> but isn't important anymore.
>
> A separate boot partition still makes sense for example if you would like to
> use a root file system that is not directly supported by your boot manager.
> I am not sure if the 1024 cylinders border is still valid. Maybe somebody
> else can comment on this?

iirc, any system with lba should not have this issue.

per #5. my cousin had a hell of a time with his raid after a debian
upgrade about seven years ago. are there still issues you'll see after
an upgrade? maybe, i would definitely check the changelog for md  and
the likes and give it a week and let others fall before i took that
leap.