Re: [OT] Mail list issue.

On Fri, 10 Dec 2010 11:09:35 -0600, Hugo Vanwoerkom wrote:

> Camaleón wrote:

>> I send the messages to "gmane.linux.debian.user" (Gmane group for this
>> mailing list). Then, Gmane performs its magic and transforms it into
>> the real mailing list "To:" address (debian-user[at]lists.debian.org).
>>

> I still take it that you send from gmail. But "gmane.linux.debian.user"
> is an incomplete address!

Yes, I can manage as many profile as I like and for each profile I can
choose the "From:" address to use.

As for "gmane.linux.debian.user" is the proper address when sending
messages to newsgroups like Gmane or other nntp servers :-)

Some background & RFC here:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Newsgroup
http://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc3977

Greetings,