Re: [OT] Mail list issue.

Camaleón wrote:
On Thu, 09 Dec 2010 21:30:04 +0530, shirish शिरीष wrote:

(...)

Now I know that debian-user@lists.debian.org is a high-volume list and
can easily overwhelm a guy like me. Hence I was looking for a way to
subscribe to the list, send mails and still not receive mails other than
if guys explicitly address me either in To: , or in CC: . I have seen
this functionality in most of mailing lists which are run by Mailman
where I can do like that.

(...)

You can achieve that by creating/using your own local e-mail filters (procmail, sieve, embedded MUA filtering...), and then delete/send to trash messages that match your rules *but* you'll lose many posts (this one, for instance) ;-(

What I do in such case is using the NNTP interface (Gmane¹) for both, reading and posting, which alleviates me from storing a heap of e-mails and also managing tons of filters ;-)

P.S. Most of Debian mailing lists do not require a subscription.

¹http://gmane.org/

But did you use gmane to post this response?

Hugo