Re: [OT] Mail list issue.

Camaleón wrote:
On Thu, 09 Dec 2010 12:48:32 -0600, Hugo Vanwoerkom wrote:

Camaleón wrote:

(...)

What I do in such case is using the NNTP interface (Gmane¹) for both,
reading and posting, which alleviates me from storing a heap of e-mails
and also managing tons of filters ;-)

P.S. Most of Debian mailing lists do not require a subscription.

¹http://gmane.org/

But did you use gmane to post this response?

Yep, and also "this" (look into e-mail header) :-)

I send the message to Gmane NNTP servers and they re-inject it into Debian mailing list (it's a "mail to news/news to mail" gateway).

I don't know why news servers where dropped in favour of mailing lists, they are still great and very convenient when following several groups.

I am looking at your reply with TB and "looking into e-mail header" is not an option it appears. When you say, you "sent" it to Gmane NNTP servers, what do you mean? You sent it how? I meant by "using Gmane", using a browser to access [1] and then use their 'post' function.

Hugo