Re: when does one change from testing to stable in sources.list

On Fri, 10 Dec 2010, shirish शिरीष wrote:

Hi all,
I know it probably is still a long road but want to know when should
one change from testing to stable so that one is living in squeeze and
not go into wheezy.

I use the codenames (lenny, squeeze, etc) in sources.list. This way it doesn't matter when they declare squeeze to be stable. If you use 'testing' then you could sail right on past squeeze if you didn't change it at just the right time.

If I want the system up dist-upgrade to a later version I have to explicitely edit sources.list, which is just fine.

Cheers,

Rob

--
Email: robert@timetraveller.org		Linux counter ID #16440